Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fashion Against Aids

I love ethnic influences form different countries on different continents. The colours, patterns, the shapes and the materials all have way to excite me and inspire me. But above all, I love me a pair of clothing which carries a message, either because it's vintage, a special gift, or in the case of H&M because it's a collection to raise funds and create awareness about HIV/AIDS among the young. "Safe sex is a message that each new generation needs to hear, which is why H&M is launching its fifth Fashion Against AIDS (FAA) collection," to be found in roughly 200 H&M Divided departments from the 26th April 2012 onwards. Online, this culturally inspired collection, will also be available.


My favourite picks:

 Pair this tight-fitting dress with a nice cropped (or long) black blazer. You can pair it with flipflops or heels depending on the occasion that you are wearing it for.
 Sort of tie-die, but not really. The bright nu-disco colours got me excited and in the summer mood. A simple white tank-top would look stunning, as well as a white blouse with all the buttons done up.
 A sporty jacket is an absolute must-have even for those of us who have a gym-phobia (not pointing fingers at anyone). With all the colours it's easy to pair with your favourite coloured sneakers.
 This takes me to hippie-scenes at festivals or Ibiza. Feathers look great in a mane of hair and add that little extra touch to your outfit. 
 If the pink shorts were too bright for you, then these shorts are another option. With just a pop of colour in the pocket area, they are easy to combine with anything and everything. 

 This pattern reminds me of my beloved Africa so much. Wear these with high-waisted shorts or a high-waisted maxi skirt (I would go for black in either case). Or wear it under a see-through blouse.
 Although tribal tattoos are so 90s, the tribal print on this shirt for me is a go-go-go. Love the simplicity of it just being on one sleeve (excuse the pun).
 Loose fitting jacket to throw over any outfit. Covers your shoulders so therefore idea to go over that summer outfit which is a little to baring for restaurants or other places as such.
Then finally, the legging. For those of you who love leggings, dare you try this print on your pins too??

No comments: